INFECTION PREVENTION & CONTROL ANNUAL STATEMENT 2019-2020
In accordance with the Health & Social Care Act 2008, an infection prevention & control [IPC] statement will be generated each year and will detail:
- Any infection transmission events and actions taken as a result [ these will be documented as part of the practice Significant/Learning Events procedure]
- Details of infection control audits undertaken and related actions
- Details of any infection control risk assessments
- Recording of staff training
- Procedure and policy reviews
INFECTION PREVENTION & CONTROL LEAD[s]
- Sarah Sutton RGN supported by Tracy Smith HCA
- Dr Sumit Virmani Lead GP
AUDITS & INSPECTIONS
An IPC inspection was carried out by Sarah Sutton on 28/5/19. All rooms, clinical and non-clinical were assessed and a checklist was completed.
- The assessment highlighted the need for suitable baby changing facilities to be provided.
- In the past year, there have been no reported IPC events
Toys, books and magazines
We do not provide toys in the waiting area or the clinical rooms. There is a limited supply of books/magazines in the waiting area and these are reviewed and removed as needed/when worn.
Carried out daily by NHS Property Services: Responsible for cleaning specifications, frequency of cleaning and audit.
We aim to conduct hand hygiene training to our practice team on a two yearly basis. This is carried out as part of the practice team meeting and is minuted. The practice team all have access to Bluestream for additional mandatory and non-mandatory training.
The IPC lead[s] complete the mandatory updated training provided by the CCG and most recently competed this in 2018.
Policy & Procedure
The policy relating to IPC is reviewed & updated annually if required and further amendments are made when required by any advice changes. The policy is held centrally and is accessible to all practice staff.